Updated 3:20 pm Jan 29, 2015
As part of Muni Forward service changes, new and expanded service for the 9L, 44, & 55 will start on January 31, 2015:
• 9L San Bruno Limited – Adding stops at Potrero/20th Street (both inbound and outbound directions)
• 44 O’Shaughnessy – Implementing Muni Forward service increases
Weekday AM Peak – increase from 10 min to 7.5 min
Weekday PM Peak – increase from 9 min to 8 min
No weekend or midday changes
• 55 16th Street – Launch the new 55 16th Street bus route will connect customers from 16th Street Mission BART to the new UCSF Medical Center, UCSF Mission Bay campus, and the growing 16th Street corridor.
To improve transit, service changes for the N Owl, 9, 9L, 14, 19, 22, 24, 33, 35, 38, 44, 49, 52, 54, 56 and 82X schedules will be updated starting on January 31, 2015 and some have minor route changes:
• N Owl - To provide consistent service between the late night N Judah Owl bus service and early morning weekend N Judah bus service, the N Judah Owl bus route will be used until light rail service starts on weekend mornings. Customers on Duboce at Noe Streets may access N Judah early weekend morning bus service at Duboce and Church Streets.
• 9 San Bruno - Schedules on these routes will be adjusted to improve service reliability
• 9L San Bruno - Schedules on these routes will be adjusted to improve service reliability
• 14 Mission - Schedules on these routes will be adjusted to improve service reliability
• 19 Polk - Schedules on these routes will be adjusted to improve service reliability
• 22 Fillmore at Kansas - Stop is being discontinued on 16th St at Kansas in support of new stop locations serving the new 55 16th Street line. (Customers may board at 16th & San Bruno or 17th & Kansas, approximately one block away)
• 24 Divisadero - Schedules on these routes will be adjusted to improve service reliability
• 33 Stanyan - Schedules on these routes will be adjusted to improve service reliability
• 35 Eureka - Schedule changes to improve transit - 35 schedule PDF
• 38 Geary – In order to improve service reliability through improving operator restroom access, the 38 Geary shortline terminal is moving from Anza at 32nd Avenue to Geary at 32nd Avenue. The stop for the 38 Geary on Geary at 32nd Avenue Inbound will be discontinued to accommodate the new terminal. (Customers may board at Geary & 33rd Ave and Geary & 30th Ave)
• 44 O’Shaughnessy – Eastern terminal is moving from 3rd & Evans Streets to Hudson & 3rd Streets to improve service reliability by improving operator restroom access
• 54 Felton – Eastern terminal is moving across the street to accommodate 44 O’Shaughnessy line.
• 56 Rutland - Schedule changes to improve transit - 56 schedule PDF
• 82x Caltrain Express – The PM bus stop at the Transbay Terminal is being relocated across the street to a new location on the northwest corner of Beale and Howard (next to Starbucks) to improve route reliability.
• 91 Owl – Rerouting buses due to Central Subway closures. An Owl stop is being discontinued at 4th & Townsend and a new stop is being created at 4th & King for customers to board.
Safety and Construction Related Changes:
To improve customer safety and accommodate construction reroutes, 9 and 91 Owl modifications will take effect on January 31, 2015 as noted below:
• 9 San Bruno - Stop is being discontinued at Potrero & 25th Street Outbound (Customers may board at Potrero & 24th St)
• 91 Owl – Due to Central Subway construction, the 91 Owl stop is being relocated from the northeast corner of 4th & King (Customer may board at the southeast corner of 4th at King)