Candlestick Park, a 69,000-seat stadium, built in 1960, will be demolished in 2014. We want you to have fun at any final events, so take Muni instead of driving! Event service will be announced when and if such events occur, and service notes below will be updated.
Muni Routes Serving Candlestick Park on Game Days
For the July 27 soccer football game the T and 87 will run. The 75X, 77X, 78X, 79X and 86 will not run.
- T Third to Gilman/Paul, then 87 Candlestick Shuttle
- 75X express service from Balboa Park BART/Muni Station
- 77X express service from the Van Ness corridor (pre-game from California; post-game to North Point)
- 78X express service from the Park Presidio/19th Avenue corridor
- 79X express service from Downtown
- 86 shuttle service from San Bruno Avenue and Bacon Street
- 87 shuttle service from T Third Gilman/Paul stop
- Scroll down the page to see where the expresses and shuttles stop
Have your fares and passes ready before you board. Muni Candlestick service now takes regular fares, passes and transfers.
- All Candlestick services start about two hours prior to kick-off.
- Pre-game services run about every 5-10 minutes on all special routes.
- Express services stop running around game time.
- Shuttle services run all through the game.
- Post-game buses leave as they fill with customers.
Last Chance Trips
- If you miss the last 77X or 79X express bus to a 49ers game:
- Take the 8X Bayshore Express from 4th and Market or the 9 San Bruno from Market Street, anywhere between Montgomery Station and 11th Street, to San Bruno and Bacon, where you can transfer to the 86 Candlestick Shuttle.
- Take the T Third to Gilman and Third, where you can transfer to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle.
- If you miss the last 78X to a 49ers game:
- Take the 29 Sunset from 25th Avenue north of the park, or Sunset Blvd. south of the park, Stonestown (transfer from the 28 19th Avenue), Garfield/Grafton between Junipero Serra and Plymouth, or Geneva Avenue between Plymouth and Mission (including Balboa Park BART).
- The 29 Sunset stops at Gilman Avenue and Bill Walsh Way (formerly Giants Drive), a short walk through the parking lot to the stadium.
Leaving the Stadium
- If you leave before the 4th Quarter, the 86 and 87 shuttles run all through the game.
- All four express routes (75X, 77X, 78X, 79X) and both shuttle routes (86, 87) run after the game. Buses normally begin return trips during the 4th Quarter or when a lot of customers want to go.
- All express and shuttle services pick up on the loop on the west side of the stadium close to the drop-off point. Route numbers are posted.
Where do I get these special routes?
75X Pre-Game boarding Stops
- Geneva at Balboa Park BART
77X Pre-Game boarding stops
- California and Van Ness
- Van Ness and Pine
- Van Ness and Sutter
- Van Ness and Geary
- Van Ness and O'Farrell
- Van Ness and Eddy
- Van Ness and McAllister
- Van Ness and Grove
- Van Ness and Oak/Market
- South Van Ness and Mission
78X Pre-game boarding stops
- Funston and California
- Park Presidio and California
- Park Presidio and Geary
- Park Presidio and Balboa
- Park Presidio and Fulton
- 19th and Lincoln Way
- 19th and Judah
- 19th and Noriega
- 19th and Quintara
- 19th and Taraval
- Sloat and 19th
- J.Serra and Sloat
- Ocean and Lee
- Geneva at Balboa Park BART
- Geneva and Mission
- Geneva and Santos
- Arleta and Bayshore
79X Pre-game boarding stops
- Sutter and Sansome
- Sutter and Kearny
- Mason and Geary
- Cyril Magnin and Market
- 5th and Mission
- 5th and Howard
- 5th and Folsom
86 Pre-Game boarding stop
Bacon and San Bruno
87 Pre-Game boarding stop
- Gilman and 3rd St