MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND
PARKING AUTHORITY COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Room 400, City Hall
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Cheryl Brinkman, Vice Chairman
Edward D. Reiskin
DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION
Accessible meeting policy - 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
- Mission Street repaving project
- Cable Car Bell Ringing Champion
- Ongoing Activities
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Suzanne Walterich vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC10503231 filed on 9/3/10 for $2,500
B. Capital Ins. vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC12518096 filed on 2/8/12 for $7,500
C. Sheila Brock vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC11509667 filed on 3/29/11 for $15,000
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – Winston Drive, north side, from Broadmoor Drive to 25 feet easterly; and Winston Drive, south side, from Broadmoor Drive to 25 feet westerly.
B. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA "F", 2-HOUR PARKING, 9 AM TO 4 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – Laurel Street, 500 block, west side, between Euclid and Mayfair Streets; Collins Street, unit block, both sides, between Euclid and Mayfair Streets; Euclid Street, 200 Block, both sides, between Collins and Laurel Streets; and Mayfair Street, unit block, south side, between Laurel and Collins Streets.
C. ESTABLISH – 2-HOUR PARKING TIME LIMIT, 7 AM TO 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY – Harrison Street, south side, between 13th Street and 11th Street; and 13th Street, north side, between 11th Street and Harrison Street.
D. ESTABLISH – RED ZONE – 13th Street, north side, at the 11th Street northwest corner traffic island.
E. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA I & Z (BUFFER ZONE), 2-HOUR PARKING 9 AM TO 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY – Valencia Street, 1400 block, both sides, between 25th and 26th Streets ELIGIBILITY ONLY; 25th Street, 3500 block, both sides, between Valencia Street and San Jose Avenue; and 26th Street, 3500 block, north side, between Valencia Street and San Jose Avenue.
F. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGN – Stopping Burrows Street at San Bruno Avenue.
G. RESCIND – NO LEFT TURN, 7 AM TO 9 AM, 4 PM TO 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY and ESTABLISH – NO LEFT TURN (AT ALL TIMES) – Northbound Powell Street at Sutter Street.
H. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – 9th Street, west side, from Folsom Street to 25 feet southerly; 9th Street, west side, from Folsom Street to 25 feet northerly; and 9th Street, east side, from Folsom Street to 25 feet southerly.
I. ESTABLISH – PART-TIME BUS ZONE, 7 AM TO 11 AM AND 4 PM TO 8 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – Townsend Street, north side, from 8th Street to 100 feet easterly; and Brannan Street, south side, from 17 feet to 100 feet east of 8th Street.(Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
(10.3) Authorizing the Director to execute Contract No. CPT 623, DriveCam Software and Maintenance Service Agreement renewal to provide software and maintenance services on the proprietary DriveCam event recorders located in the MUNI vehicles, in an amount not to exceed $1,200,000 and for a term of three years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.)
11. Presentation and discussion regarding the state of cycling in San Francisco and growing bicycling and safe, civil streets. (Explanatory documents include slide presentations.)
12. Approving the traffic modifications associated with the Masonic Streetscape Improvement Project. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, maps, graphics and survey.)
13. Approving proposed policies for On-Street Parking Management. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and policies.)
15. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
16. Announcement of Closed Session.
17. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
Lobbyist Ordinance notice from the Ethics Commission
Know your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance