|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > May 1, 2012, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Edward D. Reiskin
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Maria Villalta vs. CCSF, Superior Ct #CGC10500218 filed on 5/26/10 for $2,500
B. Progressive Choice Ins. vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC11513351 filed on 8/15/11 for $4,000
C. Henry Kleinschmidt vs. CCSDF, Superior Ct. #CGC9493996 filed on 10/30/09 for $30,879
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH – STOP SIGN – Stopping westbound and eastbound San Juan Avenue at Otsego Avenue making this intersection an all-way stop.
B. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA N, 2-HOUR PARKING,
9 AM TO 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – 10th Avenue, 400-500-600 blocks, both sides, between Geary Blvd. and Cabrillo Street.
C. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – Coral Road, south side, between Carolina and Wisconsin Streets.
D. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME, SIDEWALK WIDENING – Van Ness Avenue, east side, from Sutter Street to 18 feet southerly. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
(10.3) Authorizing the Chief of the Bureau of Claims Investigation and Administration of the City Attorney's Office to settle unlitigated claims against the SFMTA for an amount not to exceed $25,000. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
(10.4) Supporting the issuance of revenue bonds to serve as assurance funding in the event of any delay or other shortfall in Central Subway, Phase 2 of the Third Street Light Rail Project funds. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
11. Recommending that the Board of Supervisors approve amendments to San Francisco Transportation Code, Division I, Article 7, Section 7.2.101 to eliminate restrictions on rear exit boarding of Municipal Railway transit vehicles, and Section 7.2.104 to clarify that failure to tag a Clipper Card transponder or card reader is a violation in order to support the implementation of All-Door Boarding. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.)
12. Authorizing the Director to execute the SFMTA Consent to the proposed ten-year Development Agreement between the City and County of San Francisco and Sutter West Bay Hospitals and approving various traffic changes associated with the project and adopting findings, including environmental findings. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, agreement and site plans.)
13. Approving the Preliminary Official Statement for the issuance of the Series 2012A and Series 2012B revenue bonds, including the refinancing of outstanding revenue and lease revenue bonds related to certain parking garages and parking meters and providing funds for certain new projects. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, statement and certificate.)
14. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
Carpenters Local 22, Glaziers, Architectural Metal & Glass Workers Local 718, IAM Local 1414, IBEW Local 6, MEA, SEIU Local 1021, TWU Local 250-A (7410), IFPTE Local 21, IUNA Laborers Local 261, Operating Engineers, Local 3, Painters and Allied Trades Local 1176, Plumbers Union Local 38, Sheetmetal Workers International Local 104, Stationary Engineers Local 39, Teamsters Local 853, and Teamsters Local 856
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
15. Announcement of Closed Session.
16. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย