|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > Feb. 21, 2012, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Edward D. Reiskin
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
-Update on the Central Subway project
-Mission Street Repavement Project
-Update on the Mission Bay Parking Management Plan
-E Line FEIS
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Gloria Johnson vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC11512445 filed on 7/13/11 for $10,000
B. Florence Hough vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC8476780 filed on 6/24/08 for $60,000
C. Lalla Elidriss vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC10503578 filed on 11/4/10 for $187,500
D. Mohammed Al-Naif vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #10499666 filed on 5/10/10 for $210,210
(10.2) Authorizing the Director of Transportation to issue a Request for Proposals for Contract No. CPT 631: Rehabilitation of Neoplan Buses. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and Request for Proposals.)
(10.3) Authorizing the Director of Transportation to issue a Request for Proposals for Workers’ Compensation Claims Administration Services, to jointly conduct proposal evaluation, contract negotiation and contract formation for an initial term of three-years with two-year contract extension option at the City’s sole discretion. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
(10.4) Amending Transportation Code, Division II Sections 302 and 303 to increase the penalty amount for obstructing traffic, double parking, and riding bicycles on sidewalks. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.)
(10.5) Amending Section 1113 of Article 1100 of Division II of the Transportation Code to set standards for advertising and other displays on the interior and exterior of taxicabs, and requiring that the dispatch number for the vehicle be displayed on the exterior of the taxicab. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.)
11. Presentation and Discussion regarding the Fiscal Year 2013 and 2014 Capital and Operating Budgets. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.)
12. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
13. Announcement of Closed Session.
14. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย