|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > PMC February 21, 2008, minutes|
City and County of San Francisco
Planning, Marketing Committee (PMC)
Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 3:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call
PMC Members present at Roll Call: Emily Drennen, Norman Rolfe (departed at 4:42 p.m.) and Jamison Wieser.
SFMTA CAC Members, not on this committee, but also present: Joan Downey (Selected as pro temp for Norman Rolfe when he departed at 4:42 p.m.)
2. Adopt minutes of January 17, 2008:
On motion to adopt January minutes: Adopted. (Ayes – Drennen, Rolfe and Wieser)
3. Public Comment concerning any issue within the jurisdiction of the Council and not noted on the agenda: None
4. Report of the Chairman: Jamison Wieser
5. Duboce & Church and Carl & Cole Streets portal area rebuild presentation (Discussion/Action) Anthony Bryant and Ha Nguyen
Mr. Bryant said that the Duboce and Church Street project will increase system serviceability and safety with special track work replacement, a partial overhead contact system replacement and a track switch control and signal system installation. It will also include neighborhood beautification with streetlights, boarding islands and street pavement, along with noise and vibration mitigation. The 26-month construction project is estimated to begin in August 2009.
Ms. Nguyen said that the Carl and Cole Street Rail Replacement Project consist of replacing rail tracks on Carl Street between Cole and Arguello Streets, noise and vibration mitigation, overhead contact system replacement, with new curb ramps and street striping. The one-year construction project is estimated to begin in February 2010.
Emily Drennen said that there may be efficiencies in combining both projects. Ms. Nguyen said that the Carl and Cole Streets project is still looking for funding. Funding has already been identified for the Duboce and Church Streets project which also is a complicated and lengthy project.
6. SFpark presentation (Discussion/Action) Jay Primus
Mr. Primus stated that the SFpark pilot will position the SFMTA to manage parking more intelligently and will result in a reduce greenhouse gases and traffic congestion.
7. Committee Members’ Questions/Information Requests: (Discussion)
8. Agenda Planning for the Next Regular Meeting Tentatively Scheduled:
Next regular meeting: March 20, 2008, at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, Conference Room 3075, at 3:30 p.m.
• Bus Shelter Roof Designs by SF Green - Jon Swae
• Review sound levels for passengers system wide – staff to be determined
• Passenger seating standards at bus stops and Metro stations - staff to be determined
• Escalator upgrades and expansion at Metro and BART stations - staff to be determined
• Review passenger loading areas at Metro to make it more convenient for passengers – staff to be determined
• Examine the possibility of closing sections of platforms to save on maintenance costs – staff to be determined
9. Adjournment: 5:03 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย