|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > EMSC January 25, 2010, minutes|
City and County of San Francisco
Engineering, Maintenance and Safety Committee
Monday, January 25, 2010, at 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call
EMSC Members present at Roll Call: Steve Ferrario, Daniel Weaver, Ruth Wheeler and Jamison Wieser
EMSC Members absent at Roll Call: Greg Riessen
2. Public Comment: None
3. Adopt minutes of October 14 and November 9, 2009:
On motion to adopt the minutes of October 14, 2009: Adopted
On motion to adopt the minutes of November 9, 2009: Adopted
4. Report of the Chairman: Dan Weaver
5. Tour of the Line Management Center (Discussion/Action)
Jim Kelly, senior operations manager, Central Control, Transit Division, was unable to attend.
6. Daily Operations Report, accidents and line delays and accessibility of the format (Discussion/Action)
Gina Tomlinson, deputy director/CIO, Finance and Information Technology Division, was unable to attend.
7. Church and Duboce Rail Replacement Project (Discussion/Action) Ming Gu
Greg Riessen arrived at 4:13 p.m.
Ming Gu, project manager, Capital Programs & Construction Division, stated that the project will replace worn tracks along Duboce between Noe and Church and along Church between Duboce and Market. The project will include replacing components of the Overhead Catenary System, the track switch control and signal system. Boarding island improvements will be made to accommodate two car trains and power for NextBus. Streetscape enhancements will include custom designed guardrails, seating planters and streetlights. The Public Utilities Commission will coordinate work on the residential sewer and water mains. The Department of Public Works will repave streets and build bulb-outs with new curb ramps.
The Church and Duboce Rail Replacement Project contract will be advertised in April. Construction, beginning in fall of 2010, is expected to be completed in fall of 2012.
8. Committee Members’ Questions/Information Requests (Discussion)
9. Schedule Upcoming Meetings and Agenda Items (Discussion/Action)
Next regular meeting: February 8, 2010, at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, Conference Room 3075, at 4:00 p.m.
• Eureka portal project (esthetic and seismic elements) Kenny Ngan
• Tour of Line Management Center
• Select a day for meetings 2nd Mondays.
• Future LRV purchases - Low versus high boarding vehicles Elson Hao
• Capital Budget plan (in March) score projects
• Weaver wants stroller brought before CAC w City Attorney on liability (in March).
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย