|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > EMSC February 28, 2007, minutes|
City and County of San Francisco
Engineering, Maintenance & Safety Committee (EMSC)
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 3:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call (Agenda Item 1). The regular meeting of the Engineering, Maintenance & Safety committee (EMSC) was called to order at 3:07 p.m., Wednesday, February 28, 2007. Daniel Weaver (Chair) presided. A quorum was present including the following:
EMSC Members Present at Roll Call: Daniel Weaver (Chair), and Jamison Wieser (Pro Temp for Steve Ferrario)
EMSC Members Present, but absent at Roll Call: Bruce Oka, arrived at 3:15 p.m.
EMSC Members Absent: Steve Ferrario
MTA CAC Members, not on this committee, but also present: Norman Rolfe, Daniel Murphy, and Jamison Wieser (Pro Temp).
MTA Staff (San Francisco Municipal Railway [MUNI] and Department of Parking and Traffic [DPT]) present: Debra Reed (MTA CAC Secretary), Leo Martinez (MTA Chief Stationary Engineer – Infrastructure Maintenance Division), Ted Aranas (MTA Acting Sr. Operations Manager), Elson Hao (MUNI Senior Vehicle Engineer), Jim Campbell (MTA), and Drew Howard (MTA – Acting Project Manager, Construction Division).
Community Representatives Present: Edward Mason.
2. Public Comment – Concerning any issue within the jurisdiction of the Council and not noted on the agenda:
Edward Mason made public comments.
3. Adopt Minutes of November 29, 2006 and January 10, 2007:
Minutes were approved.
4. Report of the Chair: Daniel Weaver (EMSC Chair)
Mr. Weaver announced that CAC member Jamison Wieser would be replacing Steve Farrario on the EMSC committee.
5. Muni Metro Signs (underground) – (Discussion/ Action)
Participating staff – Jim Campbell
6. PUC Lighting Analysis Summary (Discussion/Action)
Participating staff – Ted Aranas and Leo Sanchez
7. Rebuilding of the facility for Eureka Street and Duboce Street tunnels (Discussion/Action)
Participating staff – Drew Howard
Whereas the Eureka portals have been useful to maintaining operations for the Metro system in the past few years during emergency conditions including flooding and streetcar derailments.
2nd by Jamison Wieser
EMSC passed unanimously (Ayes – Weaver, Oka, and Wieser)
8. Breda and Nabi Fleet Overhaul Plan (Discussion/Action)
Participating staff – Ken McDonald
9. Long Term Barricades on King Street (Discussion/Action)
Staff was not available. This item will be continued for the March EMSC meeting.
10. Schedule Upcoming Meetings and Agenda Items:
Next regular meeting: March 14, 2007, at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, Conference Room 3075, at 3:00 p.m.
11. Adjournment: 5:07 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย